Now Hiring – Investment Manager
November 22, 2017
Job Title: Manager, Investor Services
Reports To: Vice President, Capital Markets
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest. We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptionally detail-oriented, self-motivated, creative, accountable professional who has demonstrated the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
The Manager, Investor Services will support all aspects of Schafer Richardson’s Investor Relations and Sales Marketing programs. This position is an integral part of the company’s comprehensive investor relations, fundraising, and marketing functions tasked with deepening the company’s investor relationships through best-in-class service, communications, and reporting. The Manager, Investor Services requires a high level of initiative and very little supervision along with a strong desire and ability to build relationships, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities included below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Member of an internal Investor Relations working group which includes the CEO, COO, CFO, President, and Vice President.
- Provide support in preparing and lead the distribution of monthly, quarterly, and annual investor reports and newsletters for all Schafer Richardson funds and partnerships, including SR Realty Trust, Inc.
- Manage and respond to inbound investor inquiries in a timely manner on all routine and ad hoc requests relating to reporting, financial performance, documentation, tax forms, ownership transfers, etc.
- Collaborate with executive team in the development of new sales and communications strategies while ensuring the company’s internal and external messaging remains integrated and consistent.
- Lead new investor orientation and onboarding process including processing of subscription agreements and acceptance letters, coordination with transfer agent and accreditation verification firm, and establishing reporting and communications expectations.
- Coordinate, plan, and prepare investor events including sales presentations, annual shareholder meetings, social events, and other events as required.
- Monitor and manage Schafer Richardson’s sales marketing activities and collateral including brochures, pitch books, presentations, private placement memorandums, and other materials required.
- Primary operator and custodian of the Capital Markets’ master investor and prospect database, reporting to the Investor Relations working group on investor activity.
- Work closely with corporate accounting and independent accounting firms to ensure timely delivery of annual tax forms.
- Work with external transfer agent to maintain accurate shareholder records.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations for investor events and other stakeholder meetings.
- Survey the commercial real estate individual investor marketplace to stay abreast of trends and new offerings from private REITs, public REITs, funds, and crowdsourcing sites. Track competitors’ marketing techniques.
- Interface with third-party marketing and communications vendors.
- Find, support, and encourage prospective investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, community involvement, and media relations.
- On an ongoing basis, manage and update Schafer Richardson and SR Realty Trust websites.
- Draft and edit press releases.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate, investor relations, or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and InDesign
- High degree of professional integrity and poise and strong relationship building skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb organizational skills in order to manage multiple tasks and strict deadlines
- Sound understanding of commercial real estate, financial statements, investment markets, and industry terminology
- Basic understanding of the REIT industry, UPREIT’s, and 1031 rules
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong math skills including the ability to compute ratios and percentages, as well as create and interpret graphs and charts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position, moving about the office to access file cabinets, varying office locations, office machines, constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copy, fax and printer). Occasionally positions self to work atop, under or traverse company rooms and or equipment. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Regional travel expected on a very limited basis.
If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
ATTN: Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401