Schafer Richardson is Hiring A Development Project Assistant
April 27, 2017
DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ASSISTANT
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Status: Part-time or Full-time
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest. We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Development team. We will consider both full and part time applicants.
Duties and Responsibilities included below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Assist with paperwork for grants, land entitlement processes, funding agreements, sales transactions, and other development related items
- Assist with the coordination of hired consultants
- Assist with the coordination of legal documents
- Assist with marketing efforts which includes creating marketing materials for projects, investors, and internal SR collateral
- Order title work, surveys, environmental reports and other development related items
- Assist with financial closings and project due diligence
- Research local requirements from land use to funders requirements
- Compile bills and update excel spreadsheets for project budgeting and tracking
- Create and modify documents such as reports, memos, presentations, and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, power point, or other programs
- Compile data and prepare reports for the Director of Development, Project Managers and Principals
- Prepare monthly and quarterly investor reports
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, mailing and filing
- Prepare agendas, schedule and make arrangements for meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned as assigned by Director of Development, Project Managers and Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with project stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Preference for knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators and copiers
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Detail and numbers oriented. Experience with project financial modeling a plus.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Design eye helpful
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of related Real Estate experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to attend occasional evening meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position, moving about the office to access file cabinets, varying office locations, office machines, constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copy, fax and printer). Occasionally positions self to work atop, under or traverse company rooms and or equipment. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers and clients receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
ATTN: Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401