Now Hiring – Building Engineer
Posted Under: Uncategorized
Job Title: Building Engineer
Reports To: Director of Property Management and Leasing
Location: Saint Paul, MN 55102
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schafer Richardson is an industry leader in real estate services and investments. We strive to provide quality investment, management, leasing, development and construction services to our commercial and housing real estate clients. We are seeking a Building Engineer to manage the day-to-day functions of a Class A office tower, Osborn 370, (the former Ecolab Building), which is located in Downtown Saint Paul totaling approximately 280,000 square feet. The candidate will be required to work under limited supervision, while monitoring building system operations and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities included below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- All paperwork must be legible and submitted to the Property Manager within established time
- Obtain, record work ticket and communicate to vendor appropriate purchase order number when purchasing job
- On call duties on a rotating
- Present a positive, helpful attitude at all times when interacting with co-workers and
- Present a professional attitude while using the company radios and telephone
- Direct vendors and Oversee and inspect the work performed by outside contractors.
- Perform other assignments which may not be
- Regularly inspects vacant spaces, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways & grounds for cleanliness and proper
- Consults with custodial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding any needed
- Checks all inventories; electrical, and other maintenance items
- Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply & part
- Maintains a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, tools, building fixtures & updated tenant mechanical drawings &
- Operates air handlers, heaters, circulating pumps, induction unit auxiliaries & other equipment in the building(s).
- Checks all mechanical/electrical equipment, controls, gauges, distributors, panels, check valves & other components to assure continuous heat, hot water, air conditioning & power
- Insures safe & efficient plant
- Maintain mechanical rooms, switch gear rooms & tower area, and will include cleanliness, painting, surfaces sealing & other duties necessary for decent appearance of work area, including
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as
- Performs preventative maintenance duties such as: filtration system changes, greasing & oiling of motors, gears, , inspection & adjustment of belts & pulleys, and related building fixtures & equipment repairs.
- Submits monthly building/grounds inspection reports to the client, noting specific locations, conditions & recommendations for corrective
- Performs physical duties as required to correct emergency conditions such as sewer back-ups, water flooding into building spaces & related Physical duties entail both corrective action and clean up during & after the condition is resolved.
- Manage the Alerton automation control panel and system operations panels for the mechanical system and building
- Maintain the access control system and other security systems for the
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-4 years technical school
- 3-4 years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Computer proficiency as well as a working knowledge is required specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Candidate must be detail oriented and well organized while possessing strong time management
- A sense of urgency is required for meeting critical
- Ability to identify and resolve problems as well as communicate
- Focused and self-motivated team player who must be able to work independently while handling multiple
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must:
- frequently communicate with vendors and subcontractors to exchange accurate information,
- occasionally lift up to 50 lbs,
- Climb (ladders, stairs, etc)
- Bend or stoop
- Experience extended periods of walking
- Own and operate power hand tools
In addition, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer as well as moves about inside the office to access building equipment. A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers and clients receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
ATTN: Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401