Now Hiring: Development Accounting Specialist
Posted Under: News
DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Development Accounting Specialist is responsible for the general accounting function including but not limited to preparing accounts payable and receivable entries, journal entries, assist in preparing and compiling construction draw requests for our development projects. The Development Accounting Specialist also assists the Senior Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department by applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements, ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures, as well as assisting with monthly closings and account analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job description below outlines the primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Enter and process A/P and A/R for both internal and external vendors and customers.
- Participate in the preparation of development/constructions draws.
- Participate in providing continuous interconnection and understanding between the General Ledger, Job Cost Ledger, and the Master Draw Schedule.
- Prepare and post appropriate journal entries and receipts.
- Ensure financial records/entries are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Assist in making sure certain financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist in the preparation for the financial audit, tax processes and contract compliance.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Financial analysis and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Previous experience in real estate accounting is preferred
- Yardi experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of economic principles
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications, A/P & A/R entry and reconciliation, financial reporting/analysis
- Must be analytical and have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and time commitment to organizational success
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain flexibility when priorities change
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement when making decisions and escalating issues.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Solid problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Must maintain confidentiality of all matters relating to the company
- Excellent customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with tenants as well as department management and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office to access computer equipment and/or throughout the building to handle cleaning and maintenance.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401