Schafer Richardson is Hiring – Building Engineer (Full Time)
Posted Under: Uncategorized
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Property Management and Leasing
Location: Saint Paul, MN 55102
Status: Full Time, Employee
Schafer Richardson is an industry leader in real estate services and investments. We strive to provide quality investment, management, leasing, development and construction services to our commercial and housing real estate clients. We are seeking a Building Engineer to manage the day-to-day functions of a Class A office tower, Osborn 370, (the former Ecolab Building), which is located in Downtown Saint Paul totaling approximately 280,000 square feet. The candidate will be required to work under limited supervision, while monitoring building system operations and performance.
- All paperwork must be legible and submitted to the Property Manager within established time frame.
- Obtain, record work ticket and communicate to vendor appropriate purchase order number when purchasing job parts.
- On call duties on a rotating basis.
- Present a positive, helpful attitude at all times when interacting with co-workers and customers.
- Present a professional attitude while using the company radios and telephone system.
- Direct vendors and subcontractors. Oversee and inspect the work performed by outside contractors.
- Perform other assignments which may not be recurring.
- Regularly inspects vacant spaces, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways & grounds for cleanliness and proper maintenance.
- Consults with custodial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding any needed improvements.
- Checks all inventories; electrical, and other maintenance items daily.
- Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply & part inventory.
- Maintains a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, tools, building fixtures & updated tenant mechanical drawings & plans.
- Operates air handlers, heaters, circulating pumps, induction unit auxiliaries & other equipment in the building(s).
- Checks all mechanical/electrical equipment, controls, gauges, distributors, panels, check valves & other components to assure continuous heat, hot water, air conditioning & power services.
- Insures safe & efficient plant operations.
- Maintain mechanical rooms, switch gear rooms & tower area, and will include cleanliness, painting, surfaces sealing & other duties necessary for decent appearance of work area, including lavatories.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Requests the purchase of replacement items from the Property Manager.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties such as: filtration system changes, greasing & oiling of motors, gears, etc., inspection & adjustment of belts & pulleys, and related building fixtures & equipment repairs.
- Submits monthly building/grounds inspection reports to the client, noting specific locations, conditions & recommendations for corrective action.
- Performs physical duties as required to correct emergency conditions such as sewer back-ups, water flooding into building spaces & related incidents. Physical duties entail both corrective action and clean up during & after the condition is resolved.
- Assist in creating a 5 year capital management and operational repair/replacement plan for the building structure and operations.
- Manage the Alerton automation control panel and system operations panels for the mechanical system and building
- Maintain the access control system and other security systems for the building.
- Lifting (approximately 50 lbs.)
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending or stooping
- Extended periods of walking
- Regular exposure to weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Owning and operating power hand tools
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-4 Years Tech School
- 3-4 Years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Computer proficiency as well as a working knowledge is required specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and well organized while possessing strong time management skills.
- A sense of urgency is required for meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems as well as communicate effectively.
- Focused and self-motivated team player who must be able to work independently while handling multiple tasks.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Cynthia J. Schultz, CCIM
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org