We Are Hiring – Corporate Accountant
Posted Under: News
Reports to: Sr. Corporate Accountant
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) has been recognized for planning, developing, and strengthening our communities through a full-service real estate experience since 1995. We provide quality investment, development, construction, leasing, and management services to our commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio.
The Corporate Accountant works closely with the Sr. Corporate Accountant and Controller and is responsible for many aspects of the general accounting function including posting payables and cash receipts, generating intercompany billings, performing reconciliations, and assisting with monthly closings and account analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job description below outlines the primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assists in day-to-day accounting functions such as managing all corporate payables, cash receipts, and intercompany billings.
- Process and reconcile lease commissions.
- Process employee expense reports and intercompany bill-backs.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards, including intercompany bill-backs.
- Assists with monthly billings for in-house legal services.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of audit and tax return processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or another related field is required.
- 3+ years accounting experience including management of general ledger, financial reports and accounts payable.
- Previous experience in property management, real estate development or construction accounting is preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in multiple entity environment is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain flexibility when priorities change.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Solid analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives timely and accurately.
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organization, with a commitment to working on cross-functional teams.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement when making decisions and escalating issues.
- Strong work ethic and time commitment to organizational success.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, as well as strong organization and time management skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all matters relating to the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer at a desk for a period of time; move about the office to access files, conference rooms, and other office productivity machinery (i.e. computer, copy, fax and printer); and attend meetings outside of the office. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com