We’re Hiring – Director of Property Management and Leasing
Posted Under: Uncategorized
Job Title: Director of Property Management and Leasing
Department: Leasing and Property Management
Reports To: Principal/President of Schafer Richardson
FLSA Status: Exempt
Schafer Richardson is an industry leader in real estate services and investments. We strive to provide quality investment, management, leasing, development and construction services to our commercial and housing real estate clients. We are seeking a Director of Property Management and Leasing to direct management, operations, leasing and marketing of our in-house Property Management and Leasing Department as well as promote growth of the portfolio through new third party business development.
Duties and Responsibilities included below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide leadership to the team by interviewing, hiring, training, and managing performance in accordance with Company policies and business practices
- Supervise activities of the property management, leasing, and maintenance personnel
- Make appropriate staffing and salary recommendations to Company President
- Direct the operations, maintenance and administration for each property
- Provide reports and updates to owners and investors
- Prepare annual departmental operating budget and achieve profitability objectives
- Supervise the Property Mangers in the day to day operations of properties.
- Authorize contracts, purchase orders, repairs, maintenance and replacement projects by Property Managers.
- Create and approve annual budgets, monthly financials, mid-year cam reconciliations, annual reconciliations and other reporting functions.
- Oversee the tax protest account for each property in the portfolio.
- Supervise the Leasing Agents and to promote leasing and sales of properties in the portfolio.
- Develop and implement a positive department budget that will generate revenue and growth the portfolio.
- Direct marketing and marketing tools (MNCAR, Brochures, etc.) to insure properties are updated and advertised effectively.
- Approve leasing projections and record leasing transactions and department reporting.
- Direct the leasing process, document review, administration of new tenants and terminations, leases, amendments and contracts.
- Direct and monitor all building staff, engineers, maintenance technicians, security officers, janitorial persons, construction providers, subcontractors or other personnel and service providers on
- Mentor, coach and train your team for Present a positive, helpful attitude at all times when interacting with co-workers and customers.
- Provide clear direction and distribute workload appropriately among staff, subcontractors and vendor
- Correspond with tenants regarding leasing and management questions, maintenance and repair issues or other service related items brought to your
- Work in conjunction with leasing representative to provides answers to leasing questions, help tenants with move in and move out policies, and keep the building common areas and vacant spaces in good condition for prospective tenant
- Coordinate plan review and approval for construction work with tenants, supervise landlord and tenant contractors, and ensure compliance with risk management and safety
- Perform regular inspections of the building exterior and interior including tenant areas and implement compliance with code, local, state and federal ordinances, and company or building policies and
- Review and approval for financial operations for the property including coding bills, oversee accounts payable and receivable, tenant rent collection and maximize operating efficiency and financial performance of the
• Prepare and submit monthly financial statements, leasing and operational reports, annual budget and property condition reports.
- Provide a 5 year capital plan for the property for all items that will require repair or replacement outside of normal day to day
- Oversee rent collection, manage delinquencies and implement legal remedies when
- Obtain, review, and negotiate scope of work descriptions, service agreements, and business contracts to provide quality-control, and oversight while implementing cost-containment initiatives, measures of compliance and contract
- Maintain files and written records and prepare professional written correspondence with tenants, vendors and
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or accounting.
- 5 or more years of asset / portfolio management experience
- Commercial real estate investment analysis experience.
- Knowledge of national commercial real estate trends and capital markets
- Active in the real estate industry. Have relationships.
- CPM designation preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- High integrity, operates with a sense of urgency, understanding of the organizations’ needs and be easy to work with
- Ability to successfully build consensus while managing teams
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and create consensus in challenging situations with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be outgoing, straightforward, self-assured, and one who shares information readily, listens actively, and respects the abilities of others
- Ability to promote and foster an environment that support confidence and consistency with principals, executive team, board members, and staff who are culturally diverse
- Ability to work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to allocate and effectively use information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to create and sustain an organizational culture which encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong risk assessment skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, internal departments, and investors.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer. In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally moves about inside the office to access computer equipment in different office locations. A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
TRAVEL: 10-15%, project dependent.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401