We’re Hiring – Accounting Specialist
Posted Under: News
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Property Accounting
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) has been recognized for planning, developing, and strengthening our communities through a full-service real estate experience since 1995. We provide quality investment, development, construction, leasing, and management services to our commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for providing support to the property accounting group as necessary as well as handle all aspects of A/P and A/R Accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to Property Accountants and Director of Property Accounting as needed.
- Set up new vendors and maintain accurate W-9 files.
- Prepare work by scanning incoming invoices and receipts into the accounting system.
- Correctly code and set up invoices according to company policy and procedure.
- Gather incoming payments and deposit to appropriate bank accounts.
- Ability to handle multiple receivable/payable accounting activities for a growing portfolio of properties.
- Work closely with in-house Project and Property Managers to ensure receivables/payables are handled properly and timely accounted for.
- Ability to record journal entries to correct or reclassify information.
- Provide various A/P and A/R reports as requested.
- Communicate with vendors via phone and email.
- Prepare and process monthly tenant billbacks.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings as needed.
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences.
- Perform billback reconciliations.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Ability to handle cash management for several bank accounts on a consistent and routine basis.
- Ability to prepare batch check runs.
- Maintain electronic and paper files required for documentation support.
- Monitor bank accounts for incoming monthly ACH payments.
- Accurately apply all incoming tenant receipts and work with Property Managers and tenants to resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain recurring vendor spreadsheet and monthly checklists for payables and receivables.
- Assist Property Managers as needed on all vendor and tenant related payment issues.
- 2-year Accounting Degree or equivalent A/P Accounting experience.
- 2 – 3 years of A/P and A/R accounting experience dealing with multiple property accounts required.
- Prior property management accounting experience and general understanding of commercial lease language strongly preferred.
- Yardi Voyager 7S software experience required, experience in Payscan and or Procure to Pay preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer programs, including spreadsheet and word processing (MS Office) products.
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time and accurately.
- Ability to collaborate with people at all levels in the organization, with a commitment to working on cross-functional teams.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed individual with initiative and flexibility.
- Strong work ethic and time commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent attention to details, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office and/or at job sites.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401