We’re Hiring – Acquisitions Analyst (SR Realty Trust)
Posted Under: News
Acquisitions Analyst – SR Realty Trust
Commercial Real Estate
Department: SR Realty Trust
Reports To: Senior Vice President
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a diversified commercial real estate company providing investment, development, management, leasing, and construction services across the Upper Midwest.
This individual will join the Acquisitions team for SR Realty Trust, Inc., a diversified private real estate investment trust managed by Schafer Richardson and will have responsibility for sourcing, analyzing, due diligence, and closing acquisitions on behalf of SR Realty Trust, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job description below outlines the primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
Analysis, Due Diligence, Closing Coordination:
- Analyze potential commercial real estate acquisitions utilizing Excel.
- Assist in the facilitation of 1031 and 721 transactions for current and future partners.
- Coordinate the due diligence process.
- Source listed and off-market commercial real estate acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare reports for investment committee and/or board approval of an acquisition.
- Coordinate with legal team to ensure accurate and timely execution of acquisitions.
- Review all transaction and loan documents to ensure conformance with acquisition plans.
- Coordinating with asset management on the take-over of the property.
- Collect and analyze market data on REIT’s core and secondary markets.
- Maintain and grow the Company’s relationships with brokers in core markets.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for business promotion.
- Assist in the preparation of exhibits for the quarterly Board of Trustees meetings, quarterly newsletters, and annual report.
- Periodic investor communication.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field.
- 2 or more years of commercial real estate investment, acquisitions, finance, or management experience.
- Experience in industrial and multi-family sector preferred with working knowledge in office and retail sectors.
- Strong modeling skills, primarily excel.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active in the commercial real estate industry.
- High integrity, operates with a sense of urgency, understanding of the organizations’ needs and is easy to work with.
- Ability to successfully build consensus.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and create consensus in challenging situations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be outgoing, straightforward, self-assured, and one who shares information readily, listens actively, and respects the abilities of others.
- Ability to define and solve potential issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to promote and foster an environment that supports confidence and consistency with principals, executive team, board members, and staff who are culturally diverse.
- Ability to work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to allocate and effectively use information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Ability to evaluate and determine property valuations and asset performance under a variety of scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to present to and work with senior management, internal departments, and investors.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer. In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally moves about inside the office to access computer equipment in different office locations. A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
TRAVEL: Approximately 5-10% dependent upon level of experience in this position.