We’re Hiring – Director of Marketing (Multi-Family Real Estate)
Posted Under: News
Director of Marketing
Multi-family real estate
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports To: President/COO
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) is known for planning, developing, and strengthening our communities through a full-service real estate experience since 1995. We provide quality investment, development, construction, leasing, and management services to our commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s branding and marketing efforts including development and management of marketing strategies and community relations, as well as oversight of marketing materials and promotion of the Schafer Richardson real estate brand. This role is an integral part of Schafer Richardson and will work on all corporate marketing efforts, in addition for leading marketing for SR Realty Trust (SRRT) and SR’s Commercial and Residential Real Estate portfolios. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for brand messaging and ensuring brand continuity across multiple platforms including website, print, advertising, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- Collaborate with SR leadership team to develop corporate marketing strategies.
- Be an active member of the leadership team, providing ideas, insights, and discussion at leadership meetings.
- Promote corporate business, trends, and strategies with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and oversee workflow of the marketing team to meet company goals and objectives.
- Grow and manage marketing team as workload requires. This includes supervising activities of the marketing team as well as preparing annual performance review and making appropriate salary and staffing recommendations.
- Provide leadership and actively contribute to the development of the marketing budget.
- Corporate Branding & Marketing
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines, and ensure that brand positioning, messaging, voice, and aesthetic are expressed consistently and with integrity across all brand activities including website, advertising, social media, and email marketing campaigns.
- Develop and implement corporate brand and marketing events and activities.
- Utilize data to track brand and marketing effectiveness to drive future
- Lead external communication efforts including press releases and proposal/bid development.
- Maintain corporate print and digital collateral materials including company website.
- Oversee all company Social Media Accounts & Online Reputation
- Manage editorial calendar, writing and producing original and timely content in collaboration with staff.
- Support employee-facing initiatives including employee branding materials, employee communications, and employee social, educational, and philanthropic events.
- Real Estate Asset Marketing
- Provide market research and recommendations for new Real Estate Development Projects.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for new and existing projects in collaboration with project leads.
- Assist with the design and launch of marketing websites for new developments and acquisitions.
- Lead the overall digital strategy, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media advertising, paid digital advertising (PPC – pay per click), email campaigns, as well as assess new marketing technology and channels for all real estate assets. Continuously utilize optimization techniques to drive results.
- Create and update marketing materials, including photos, videos, virtual tours (Matterport), floor plans, brochures, signage, and other collateral.
- Manage community content and unit availability on multiple platforms, including all ILS (internet listing services – Zillow, Apartments.com, etc.) and other outlets like Facebook Marketplace, Google Maps, and Yelp.
- Work with internal teams to escalate and respond to comments/complaints on all platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in business administration, marketing, or a related field. May substitute equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of strategic marketing experience, preferably in real estate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively in a team environment to achieve property and organizational goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with project stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong analytical and project/budget management skills.
- Knowledge of branding and design principles, as well as marketing strategies and practices.
- Strong computer skills including with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Knowledge of Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and other graphic design programs.
- Strong social media skills, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., as well as website design and ability to write web content.
- Thorough understanding of the real estate market and strategic marketing tactics related to the industry.
- Access to transportation for travel to various sites.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and the state mandated level of insurance required to drive to property sites and other work activities.
Local travel to properties as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position, moving about the office to access file cabinets, varying office locations, office machines, constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., computer, copy, fax, and printer). Occasionally positions self to work atop, under or traverse company rooms and or equipment. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information in these situations. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Schafer Richardson is committed to equal employment opportunity. Employment decisions are made based on individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.