We’re Hiring – Property Accountant
Posted Under: News
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Property Accounting
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) has been recognized for planning, developing, and strengthening our communities through a full-service real estate experience since 1995. We provide quality investment, development, construction, leasing, and management services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio.
The Property Accountant is responsible for handling all facets of Property Management accounting and will work closely with the Accounting Specialist and Director of Property Accounting.
We are looking to hire an energetic, motivated individual for our Accounting team. The ideal candidate has 3 – 5 years of property management experience dealing with multiple properties, has commercial lease language, and has Yardi Voyager 7S software experience. Compensation and benefits are competitive including free parking in the North Loop area.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. If you believe your skills and experience align with our team and this opportunity, we want to talk with you. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Tami Haight, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- Apply required property management accounting standards and procedures to the recording and reporting of property management activity.
- Ability to handle accounting activities for a growing portfolio of properties.
- Understand leasing agreement and terms to ensure accuracy and timeliness of billings and payments.
- Provide various reports as requested including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and trend analyses.
- Maintain accurate property rent roll.
- Communicate with vendors via phone and email.
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts, prepare journal entries.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings, and annual budget process.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and account analyses.
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences.
- Perform account/bank reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of audit and tax return processes.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Process Monthly shared expense in accordance with Easement Agreements
- Maintain amortization and depreciation files and record monthly entries
- Review payables for input and coding accuracy prior to posting to GL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of property management accounting experience dealing with multiple properties required.
- Prior experience with CAM reconciliations strongly preferred.
- Prior property management accounting experience and general understanding of commercial lease language required.
- Cash management of multiple bank accounts strongly preferred.
- Yardi Voyager 7S software experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Understanding and practical application of property management accounting
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer programs, including spreadsheet and word processing (MS Office) products
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time and accurately
- Demonstrated success working with people at all levels in the organization, with a commitment to working on cross-functional teams
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed individual with initiative and flexibility
- Strong work ethic and time commitment to organizational success
- Excellent attention to details, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to ensure confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office and/or at job sites.