We’re Hiring – Property Manager
Posted Under: News
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Vice President of Property Management and Leasing
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Status: Full Time
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Property Manager oversees property operations for an assigned portfolio in order to support investment plans and operating expenses as well as achieve NOI growth and maximize cash flow. In addition, the Property Manager will investigate, plan, organize, manage and execute the activities of the assigned portfolio through utilization of internal resources to deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction in representing the Schafer Richardson real estate service brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all tenants. Direct, manage, plan tenant relations across portfolio to ensure highest tenant satisfaction.
- Direct and monitor all vendor relationships and their contractual duties including but not limited to: security, janitorial persons, construction providers, contractors, subcontractors or other personnel and service providers on
- Correspond with tenants regarding management questions, maintenance and repair issues or other service- related items brought to your
- Work in conjunction with a leasing representative to provide answers to leasing questions, negotiate terms, provide new or renewal lease language, help tenants with move in and move out policies, and keep the building common areas and vacant spaces in good condition for prospective tenant
- Coordinate, plan, and review in conjunction with Landlord construction representative and approval for construction work with tenants, supervise landlord and tenant contractors, work improvements, and ensure compliance with risk management and safety
- Perform regular inspections of the building exterior and interior including tenant areas and implement compliance with code, local, state and federal ordinances, and company or building policies and procedures and executed required maintenance and repairs.
- Review and obtain approval for financial operations for the property including coding bills, oversee accounts payable and receivable, tenant rent collection and maximize operating efficiency and financial performance of the
- Direct and manage operating expense projects and service agreements to meet budget schedule in accordance with Management Agreement.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial statements and operational reports, annual budget, and property condition reports.
- Prepare quarterly reporting and conduct meetings are held to review and determine operational, financial and leasing status and future outlook.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on capital expenditures and develop a 5-year capital plan for the property on an annual basis, for all items that will require repair or replacement outside of normal day to day Manage and track projects to include vendor management, contract development, and processing payment applications.
- Oversee rent collection, manage delinquencies and implement legal remedies when
- Work with inside legal counsel when required.
- Obtain, review, and negotiate scope of work descriptions, service agreements, and business contracts to provide quality-control, and oversight while implementing cost-containment initiatives, measures of compliance and contract
- Maintain files and written records and prepare professional written correspondence with tenants, vendors and
- Collaborate with other Schafer Richardson colleagues to seek, offer, and gain experience as well as utilize them as resources.
- Learn the Schafer Richardson culture and communicate that culture consistently through all relationships.
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various sites included in managed portfolio.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and the state mandated level of insurance.
- Personal owned cellphone.
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Property Manager may be required to work outside of the core hours to resolve issues and/or provide service to their assigned portfolio as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Real Estate Designation Preferred
- MN Real Estate License (Salesperson) Required
- Professional development through BOMA, IREM, or other industry trade organizations is required.
- Pursue professional designation through BOMA, IREM or other industry trade.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, coordinate, track, and complete multiple tasks, while adjusting to changing priorities.
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial property management
- Knowledge of Yardi accounting software
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, Sharepoint, Teams and PowerPoint
- Strong financial and analytical
- Effective communication, organization and time management skills are
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Maintain neat, well groomed, professional appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with tenants as well as department management and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office to access computer equipment and/or throughout the building to handle cleaning and maintenance.
Travel: Travel locally to properties as needed, potentially out of state as needed depending on portfolio requirements
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401