Schafer Richardson is Hiring – Real Estate Analyst
May 4, 2018
Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
Commercial Real Estate
Department: SR Realty Trust
Reports To: President of SR Realty Trust
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Exempt
SR Realty Trust is a growing private real estate investment trust structured as an UPREIT to facilitate tax deferred exchanges. It is sponsored by Schafer Richardson, an industry leader in the development and re-development of urban real estate. Schafer Richardson also provides property management, leasing and construction services.
The Real Estate Analyst analyzes acquisition opportunities, performs due diligence and coordinates closings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The job description below outlines the primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
Analysis, Due Diligence, Closing Coordination:
- Analyze potential commercial real estate acquisitions utilizing Excel and Argus.
- Inspect and photograph properties and collect information.
- Ownership of the due diligence process: Ordering and reviewing reports and bids for work, interfacing with appraisers, mortgage bankers and lenders.
- Teaming with Capital Markets person in the facilitation of 1031 and 721 exchanges.
- Preparing reports for investment committee or board approval of an acquisition.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for business promotion.
- Provide transaction support to the acquisitions person.
- Coordinating with asset management on the take-over of the property.
- Collect market data on the markets we are and want to be invested in.
- Assist in the preparation of exhibits for the quarterly Board of Trustees meetings, quarterly newsletters, and annual report.
- Prepare graphs showing our total shareholder return compared to other indices.
- Periodic investor communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or accounting.
- 3 or more years of commercial real estate analysis experience.
- Strong Excel abilities.
- Working knowledge of Argus.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Active in the commercial real estate industry.
- High integrity, operates with a sense of urgency, understanding of the organizations’ needs and is easy to work with.
- Ability to successfully build consensus.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and create consensus in challenging situations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be outgoing, straightforward, self-assured, and one who shares information readily, listens actively, and respects the abilities of others.
- Ability to define and solve potential issues with minimal supervision.
- Ability to promote and foster an environment that support confidence and consistency with principals, executive team, board members, and staff who are culturally diverse.
- Ability to work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to allocate and effectively use information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- Ability to evaluate and determine property valuations and asset performance under a variety of scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, internal departments, and investors.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer. In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally moves about inside the office to access computer equipment in different office locations. A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
Travel: 10%, project dependent.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Tami Haight, Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401