Schafer Richardson is Seeking a Property Manager
Posted Under: Uncategorized
Commercial Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Property Management and Leasing
Status: Full Time, Employee
Schafer Richardson, LLC is an industry leader in real estate services and investments. We strive to provide quality investment, management, leasing, development and construction services to our commercial and housing real estate clients.
The Property Manager oversees the overall property operations for an assigned portfolio in order to support investment plans and operating expenses as well as achieve NOI growth and maximize cash flow. In addition, the Property Manager will investigate, plan, organize, manage and execute the activities of the assigned portfolio through utilization of resources to deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction in representing the Schafer Richardson real estate service brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all tenants. Direct, manage, plan tenant relations across portfolio to ensure highest tenant satisfaction.
- Direct and monitor all vendors to include but not limited to: security, janitorial persons, construction providers, subcontractors or other personnel and service providers on
- Correspond with tenants regarding management questions, maintenance and repair issues or other service related items brought to your
- Work in conjunction with leasing representative (in house agent) to provide answers to leasing questions, help tenants with move in and move out policies, and keep the building common areas and vacant spaces in good condition for prospective tenant
- Coordinate plan review in conjunction with Landlord construction representative and approval for construction work with tenants, supervise landlord and tenant contractors, and ensure compliance with risk management and safety
- Perform regular inspections of the building exterior and interior including tenant areas and implement compliance with code, local, state and federal ordinances, and company or building policies and
- Review and obtain approval for financial operations for the property including coding bills, oversee accounts payable and receivable, tenant rent collection and maximize operating efficiency and financial performance of the
- Direct and manage operating expense projects and service agreements to meet budget schedule in accordance with Management Agreement.
• Prepare and submit monthly financial statements and operational reports, annual budget and property condition reports.
- Provide ongoing recommendations on capital expenditures and develop a 5 year capital plan for the property on an annual basis, for all items that will require repair or replacement outside of normal day to day Manage and track projects to include vendor management, contract development, and processing payment applications.
- Oversee rent collection, manage delinquencies and implement legal remedies when
- Work with inside legal counsel when required.
- Obtain, review, and negotiate scope of work descriptions, service agreements, and business contracts to provide quality-control, and oversight while implementing cost-containment initiatives, measures of compliance and contract
- Maintain files and written records and prepare professional written correspondence with tenants, vendors and
- Collaborate with other Schafer Richardson colleagues to seek, offer, and gain experience as well as utilize them as resources.
- Learn the Schafer Richardson culture and communicate that culture consistently through all relationships.
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various sites included in managed portfolio.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, access to a vehicle and the state mandated level of insurance.
- Personal owned cellphone.
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however, additional hours will be required in order to provide service to tenants and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Real Estate Designation Preferred
- Professional development through BOMA, IREM, or other industry trade organizations is required
- Pursue professional designation through BOMA, IREM or other industry trade.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, coordinate, track and complete multiple tasks, while adjusting to changing priorities.
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial property management
- Knowledge of Yardi accounting software
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office, to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial and analytical
- Effective communication, organization and time management skills are
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain punctual, regular, and reliable attendance.
- Maintain neat, well groomed, professional appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with tenants as well as department management and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office to access computer equipment and/or throughout the building to handle cleaning and maintenance.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
Tami Haight, Human Resources
900 North Third Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401