We Are Hiring – Affordable Housing Regional Residential Property Manager
Posted Under: News
Affordable Regional Residential Property Manager
Multi-Family Real Estate
Department: Residential Property Management
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Reports To: Vice President of Residential Property Management
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $85,000 – $110,000
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Affordable Regional Residential Property Manager Affordable is responsible for the overall management and operations of multiple affordable, LIHTC and Section 8 residential properties. In addition, the Affordable Regional Manager must use leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits and ensure quality. Effective management of each site’s team is required to ensure achievement of overall financial results, asset preservation, resident satisfaction, and positive employee relations to deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction in representing the Schafer Richardson real estate brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage the assigned properties in accordance with SRRM policy and procedures.
- Work directly with site teams to maintain the property and its living environment, including regular site visits and property inspections.
- As part of regular site inspections, ensure a clean and safe work environment, and follow all SRRM procedures for resident/employee incidents.
- Work with Community Managers to develop and implement changes to operations based on leasing objectives, property issues, resident needs and changing market demands.
- Oversee all projects and improvements.
- Supervise activities of community managers and site team members in the day-to-day operations.
- Conduct regular team meetings to address portfolio wide issues and training, and to foster teamwork and mutual support among the Community Managers.
- Provide leadership to the team by managing performance, mentoring, coaching, and training team for success.
- Make appropriate staffing and salary recommendations to VP of Residential Property Management.
- Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Analyze quality issues and identify training needs to further site team development and ensure improved results.
- Utilize available resources and adhere to SRRM training policies.
- Responsible for effective workload management, modeling the professionalism, dependability, and commitment expected from site team members.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROGRAMS & COMPLIANCE
- Negotiates, reviews, and abides by all terms of the Management Agreements.
- Collaborates with Schafer Richardson Affordable Compliance, Marketing, Asset Management, Development, and Accounting, and other departments to adhere to contract requirements and meet performance milestones.
- In close partnership with SR Affordable Compliance:
- Develops and disseminates procedures to ensure compliance with all Schafer Richardson policies and
- Trains employees and audits files to insure complete and accurate documentation of all operational, compliance and financial performance requirements, including tenant income certifications (TIC) and annual recertifications.
- Oversees site team’s interaction and coordination with local housing authorities, with regards to documentation, inspections, lease renewals, account status and any issues related to residents participating in the agency’s programs.
- Monitors properties for compliance with HUD rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leasing & Marketing
- Direct all marketing efforts to attract prospective residents and achieve both the occupancy and Gross Potential goals established for each property.
- Stay abreast of changing market conditions to develop rental rates and/or concession recommendations.
- Oversee accurate capture and reporting of rental activity data, and the completion of necessary administrative requirements (applications, background screening, deposits, and lease execution).
- Direct the completion of market studies as needed.
- Provide leadership and work closely with Director of Marketing to insure lease-up and stabilization of new development projects.
Financial Management & Cost Control
- Work with Asset Management to establish operating budgets, as well as immediate and long-term capital improvement requirements based on current property conditions and competitive market demands.
- Prompt collection of rent and initiating Unlawful Detainer process when necessary.
- Ensure effective management of site teams through efficient staffing, scheduling, and oversight, as well as making prudent adjustments for changing markets and business needs.
- Work with Community Managers and site teams to manage all property expenses to maximize profitability and meet required annual budgets, while ensuring proper upkeep of the asset.
- Adhere to SRRM procurement guidelines and apply solid business judgement for all supplies, services, and contract agreements.
- Comply with all accounting and payment requirements and deadlines to enable accurate financial reporting.
- Conduct monthly review of operating statement and significant account variances to highlight needed changes at the site level.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with residents and site team.
- Accountable for resident satisfaction by ensuring their needs and concerns are resolved in an equitable, timely and professional manner.
- Maintain physical assets to provide a welcoming and pleasant environment for residents.
- Work with site teams to model appropriate resident service standards.
- Provides direction to site teams on all resident issues and mediates specific resident complaints as needed.
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various sites included in managed portfolio.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and the state mandated level of insurance.
- Personal owned cellphone
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be available on a 24-hour basis to resolve issues and/or provide service as needed.
- Five (5) years of multi-property regional management or on-site management of a large property (200+ units)
- Three (3) years or more of direct experience (property or corporate level) with federal affordable housing programs and related compliance requirements (LIHTC, Section 8, etc.), as well as experience working with local housing authorities.
- CAM, CRM, COS or other related multi-family certifications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, or business preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Yardi and/or Yardi Affordable experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and other abilities
- Must be analytical and detail oriented as well as have strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to mentor and train team members.
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time and accurately.
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Promote an inclusive, collaborative, and positive work environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement when making decisions and escalating issues.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to organizational success while adhering to SRRM and Fair Housing policies.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all matters relating to the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with residents as well as other Schafer Richardson employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office to access computer equipment and/or throughout the building to handle cleaning and maintenance.
Travel locally to properties as needed. May also be required to travel to out-of-state properties or to evaluate business opportunities.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
HR Business Partner
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401