We Are Hiring – Asset Management Analyst
Posted Under: News
Asset Management Analyst
Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate
Reports To: Vice President, Asset Management
FLSA Status: Full-time
Schafer Richardson, LLC (SR) has been recognized for planning, developing, and strengthening our communities through a full-service real estate experience since 1995. We provide quality investment, development, construction, leasing, and management services to our commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio.
The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for assisting the Asset Management department in the review of the financial and operating performance of the properties of SR Realty Trust and affiliated Schafer Richardson entities. The Asset Management Analyst will assist in due diligence and onboarding of new acquisitions into the portfolio. The Asset Management Analyst will learn the role of Asset Manager with the goal of moving up to the Asset Manager position over time.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as necessary by Management.
Asset Plans, Operating Budgets, Leasing, and Reporting
- Review and track monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and key performance metrics to monitor results, identify issues, and analyze trends.
- Assist in review of comprehensive annual and multi-year asset management plan for each property.
- Work directly with the leasing agents (as assigned) and/or property managers on new and renewal leasing.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, including fund and portfolio updates, individual asset summaries and market research where we own properties.
- Assist in preparation of multi-year property forecasts as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of exhibits for the quarterly Board of Trustees meetings.
- Work with Accounting and Property Management to provide forecasts as needed.
- Create portfolio roll-ups and summaries comparing budgeted performance to prior years.
- Track and analyze asset and investor performance (returns) including internal rate of return, time weighted returns and other performance metrics.
- Maintain critical date reporting for such things as lease expiration, finance covenants, options, rent increase dates, etc.
- Prepare an annual portfolio risks assessment.
- Monitor and update asset manager tools such as Deal Manager and Debt Manager in Yardi.
Property Value, Condition, & Reporting
- Post-closing support of integration of acquired assets
- Pre-closing due diligence report, if applicable
- Correspond with third party property managers and tenants to obtain property updates and evaluate lease turnover probabilities and resolve high level ownership issues as assigned over time
- Market analysis (asking rents, absorption, supply/demand, pending pipeline, lease comparables, etc.)
Capital Planning, Forecasting, Reporting and Refinancing
- Monitor capital expenditure plans
- Establish and enforce benchmarks and guidelines
- Assist in the development of multi-year capital expenditure budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, or accounting.
- 2 or more years of asset / portfolio/property management or analysis experience preferred.
- Commercial real estate investment analysis experience.
- Yardi experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, SKILLS, and Other Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative), modeling and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to compile, monitor, examine, and audit various financial, performance, and/or data reports for accuracy, integrity, and conformance to performance benchmarks.
- High integrity, operates with a sense of urgency, understanding of the organizations’ needs and be easy to work with
- Ability to be outgoing, straightforward, self-assured, and one who shares information readily, listens actively, and respects the abilities of others
- Ability to promote and foster an environment that support confidence and consistency with principals, executive team, board members, and staff who are culturally diverse
- Ability to work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to allocate and effectively use information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to create and sustain an organizational culture which encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to present to and work with senior management, internal departments, and investors.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times, all while paying strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution capabilities and core competencies of the organization.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and the state mandated level of insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with employees and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time. The employee constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer. In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally moves about inside the office to access computer equipment in different office locations. A valid driver’s license and automobile are required.
Travel: 10-15%, project dependent
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401