We’re Hiring – Assistant Community Manager – Affordable Housing
Posted Under: News
Assistant Community Manager
Multi-Family Real Estate
Department: Residential Property Management
Location: Multiple Sites – North Loop and White Bear Lake
Reports To: Site Community Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay Range: $22-26 plus commission
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Assistant Community Manager has the support role to the Community Manager in all aspects of apartment community’s day-to-day operations including marketing and leasing, administration, customer service, maintenance and caretaking. Depending on the size of the site, Assistants can play a lead role in the leasing of available units as the primary full time leasing agent for the property. They assist the Community Manager with maintaining the physical asset while striving to improve the financial performance of the property in accordance with the goals set forth in the annual operating budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must remain current on features, conditions, rent levels and rent concessions of all primary market comps for the property; includes market surveys & in-person visits
- Work with Community Manager to create and implement an effective marketing plan to maximize the property’s competitive advantages relative to the competition in the area.
- Establish connections and interact with the surrounding community to maximize cross-promotional and referral opportunities.
- Work with manager to maintain social media presence and reputation score by posting regularly to social media outlets & utilizing reputation management software/tools. Actively solicit reviews to improve service and review scores.
- Participate in weekly pricing and renewal calls
- Ensure prompt response and effective follow-up to all rental inquires received via telephone, e-mail, CRM/lead management system, or fax to maximize rental appointments with prospective residents
- Develop a clear understanding of the features and benefits that provide the property with a competitive advantage relative to the completion and use them to satisfy the needs and wants of prospective residents during the sales presentation.
- Close on all prospective residents
- Maintain an organized and consistent follow-up program for all previous appointments that maximizes rentals from the available traffic
- Application processing – collect and input all required from the applicant and work with Community Manager to ensure company policy is applied consistently to all rental applications
- As directed by Community Manager, execute lease agreement and all required paperwork prior to new resident move-in
- Alert Community Manager to any condition or situation that adversely impacts the success of the leasing program
- Completion of all administrative and clerical task accurately, promptly and in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws
- Keep the office area clean and organized to project a professional image to current and prospective Residents
- Collect required identification, application fees, deposits and rental applications from all individuals applying for an apartment.
- As directed by Community Manager, assist in preparing leases, addendums and agreements to be executed as part of resident file
- Collect materials for and prepare move-in packets for new residents
- On-Line Property Management Systems
- Assist in and accurate input of all required leasing and lease renewal information
- Assist in processing and depositing of all payments
- Produce late rent letters and actively pursue accounts receivable collections to maximize income and minimize bad debt
- Track upcoming lease expirations, prepare correspondence and communicate with Resident to maximize renewals and reduce turnover. Input updated lease information into system.
- Conduct move-out inspections with vacating residents, determine applicable charges in addition to any current account balances and prepare SODA documentation
- Process work order requests from residents in work order system to ensure prompt completion of repairs and conduct follow up calls to ensure satisfaction with work
- Monitor and enforce renter’s insurance compliance through collection of documentation & maintaining up-to-date records
- May assist Community Manager with purchase order and invoice support
- Assist in the activities for month-end closing
- Resident Retention
- Customer Service: Assist residents with any and all concerns to make their life in the community as positive as possible. Forward any significant issues to Community Manager.
- Dispute Management – resolve all resident disputes or complaints in a fair and professional manner and in accordance with established company policy
- Community Events: Participate and assist in conducting of community events (summer bbq, Halloween party, etc.) to establish positive relationships within the community and minimize turnover
- Maintenance & Caretaking
- Assist Community Manager in daily assessment of property condition, identification of necessary maintenance repairs and overall performance of caretaking staff.
- Assistant Manager is a support role but based on the size of the property and as directed by the Community Manager, the Assistant may be given direct responsibility for any of the Essential Job Functions listed above, which may include direct, day-to-day supervision of site staff.
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various sites.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and the state mandated level of insurance.
- Personal owned cellphone
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must be available on a 24-hour basis to resolve issues and/or provide service as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years Property Management experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Understanding of state statutes and fair housing laws applicable to multi-family communities and property management companies
- Proficiency with all aspects of E-Site property management system
- General understanding of maintenance and caretaking issues related to multi-family units, buildings, and communities
- Clear understanding and adherence to all SR policy and procedures
- Proficient computer skills required to successfully perform this job. Must have knowledge of Property Management Software (preferably Yardi), working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to use the computer in professional manner is required.
- Physical fitness for frequent walking, bending, twisting/turning, climbing stairs, continuous sitting, and use of computer keyboard. reaching, pushing, pulling, handling and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. to perform management duties.
Travel locally to properties as needed.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
HR Business Partner
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401