We’re Hiring – Floating Affordable Leasing Consultant – Minneapolis & St. Paul locations
Posted Under: News
LEASING CONSULTANT – AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Multi-Family Real Estate
Department: Residential Property Management
Location: Multiple Sites – North Loop, Northeast Minneapolis, St. Paul
Reports To: Affordable Regional Residential Property Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Leasing Consultant – Affordable Housing is responsible for leasing available units within our affordable portfolio across the North Loop, Northeast Minneapolis, and St. Paul areas. Primary responsibility includes achieving high occupancy through scheduling and conducting showings, maintaining effective communication with prospects, and conducting applicant interviews. In addition, they are responsible for administrative tasks related to marketing and leasing,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties and specific schedule requirements may be assigned by management as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must remain current on features, conditions, rent levels and rent concessions of all primary market comps for the property including surveys and visits.
- Establish connections and interact with the surrounding community to maximize cross-promotional and referral opportunities.
- Work to improve and/or maintain on-line reputation scores by providing excellent service as well as actively soliciting reviews from customers
· Apartment Leasing
- Ensure prompt response and effective follow-up to all rental inquiries received via telephone, e-mail, property software system to maximize rental appointments with prospective residents.
- Effectively communicate with potential residents by addressing inquiries, providing relevant information, and guiding them through the leasing process.
- Conduct thorough applicant interviews to assess eligibility and suitability for available unit in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Schedule and conduct property showings for prospective residents, showcasing the unique features of each unit.
- Develop a clear understanding of the features and benefits, including affordable housing and LIHTC requirements, that the property offers and use the understanding to satisfy the needs and wants of the prospective residents during the sales
- Facilitate the entire application journey for Affordable
- Close on all prospective residents
- Maintain an organized and consistent follow-up program through CRM Flex for all previous appointments that maximizes rentals from the available traffic.
- Alert Property Manager to any condition or situation that adversely impacts the success of the leasing program
- Completion of all administrative and clerical tasks accurately, promptly and in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws
- Keep the office area clean and organized to project a professional image to current and prospective Residents
- Collect required identification, application fees, deposits and rental applications from all individuals applying for an apartment.
On-Line Property Management System
- Assist in and accurate input of all required leasing information
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience in leasing affordable and LIHTC housing required
- Knowledge of the North Loop, Northeast Minneapolis, and Paul neighborhoods.
- Understanding, and following, state statutes and fair housing laws applicable to multi- family communities and property management companies including familiarity with LIHTC/affordable programs and compliance.
- Computer Skills are required to perform this job successfully; Property Management Software – Yardi – is preferred as well as working knowledge of Outlook, Word and
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating effectively with the Affordable Regional Residential Property Manager and Community
- Strong communication
- Maintain knowledge of local real estate market trends, rental rates, and competitor offerings to provide insight to prospective tenants.
- Physical fitness for frequent walking, bending, twisting/turning, climbing stairs, continuous sitting and use of computer keyboard. reaching, pushing, pulling, handling and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. in order to perform management duties.
- Traveling between affordable job sites is required for the purpose of showing available
EQUIPMENT / OTHERS:
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and state mandated level of
- Employment contingent upon successful background screening and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check. Note – MVR is completed annually as part of the company insurance renewal process.
- Approximately 40 hours per week with flexible
- Availability must include
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
HR Business Partner
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401