We’re Hiring: Laborer
Posted Under: News
SR Construction, LLC
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Location: Various job sites
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Laborer is responsible for performing a variety of hands-on carpentry or general labor tasks throughout the construction process as directed by the Field Operations Manager. In addition, the Laborer represents the Schafer Richardson brand and is responsible for delivering excellent service and quality work to uphold company standard and reputation.
Duties and Responsibilities: The job description below outlines primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as necessary by Project or Field Manager.
- Report to work on time with the approved PPE clothing and tools required for the work to be completed.
- Maintain all safety standards to effectively execute all work as directed in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with management, other employees, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Perform carpentry or general labor duties including a wide range of general construction tasks as directed and trained by project leadership team.
- Load or unload materials.
- Move tools, equipment, or other materials as directed by project leadership.
- Safely execute demolition work.
- Maintain a clear and direct line of communication with Sr. Project Manager
- Track project time and enter via time tracking system each week.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work with a variety of tools in a safe, professional manner
- Must be able to receive and follow direction, be aware of safety issues on the job site, and ask for direction or training as needed to properly and safely complete tasks
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Must be polite, courteous, and attentive to co-workers and clients
- Good organizational and time management skills needed to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail needed to deliver high-quality work
- Ability to travel locally to job sites as needed
- Basic computer skills for purposes of entering weekly time card
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required to carry tools occasionally
- Drywall and taping experience preferred
- General construction experience preferred
- Personal owned vehicle for transportation to various sites
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently communicate with other employees, subcontractors, and the management team. In addition to the above physical demands, the employee may be exposed to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noises, and fumes. The employee will constantly move their arms and lift them overhead and may move up to 50 pounds while moving about on job sites. The employee also regularly submits timesheets via electronic device (computer or mobile phone).
Travel: Travel locally to job sites as needed
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401