We Are Hiring – Leasing Consultant, Lease-Up
Posted Under: News
LEASING CONSULTANT, LEASE-UP
Multi-Family Real Estate
Department: Residential Property Management
Location: Lochner, White Bear Lake
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $19-$20/Hour
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The Leasing Consultant is responsible for leasing-up the property in accordance to the goals set forth by the owners and investors of the property. This is done by achieving and maintaining high occupancy and income through marketing of the property, resident retention, and leasing of apartments to new residents. In addition, they are responsible for administrative tasks related to marketing and leasing, as well as those related to the general operation of the property once open.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. The employee must be open to any duties assigned by the Property Manager and the specific schedule requirements they establish.
- Must remain current on features, conditions, rent levels and rent concessions of all primary market comps for the property including, surveys and visits.
- Work with Director of Marketing to create and implement an effective marketing plan to maximize the property’s competitive advantages relative to the competition in the
- Establish connections and interact with the surrounding community to maximize cross- promotional and referral opportunities.
- Work to improve and/or maintain on-line reputation scores by providing excellent service as well as actively soliciting reviews from customers
- Ensure prompt response and effective follow-up to all rental inquires received via telephone, e-mail, and property software system to maximize rental appointments with prospective residents.
- Perform community outreach and prospecting to meet the traffic and leasing needs of the property.
- Tour prospective renters through available apartments (or pre-leasing office floor plan and collateral materials) by means of in-person or virtual tours.
- Develop a clear understanding of the features and benefits that provide the property with a competitive advantage relative to the completion and use them to satisfy the needs and wants of prospective residents during the sales presentation.
- Maintain a high closing ratio on prospective residents
- Maintain an organized and consistent follow-up program for all previous appointments that maximizes rentals from the available traffic
- Alert Property Manager and Director of Marketing to any condition or situation that adversely impacts the success of the leasing program
- Completion of all administrative and clerical task accurately, promptly and in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws
- Keep the office area clean and organized to project a professional image to current and prospective residents
- Collect required identification, application fees, deposits and rental applications from all individuals applying for an apartment
- Collect materials for and prepare move-in packets for new residents
- Compile weekly reports on the traffic and leasing progress of the property
On-Line Property Management System
- Assist in an accurate input of all required leasing information
- Process work order requests from residents in work order software system to ensure prompt completion of repairs and conduct follow up calls to ensure satisfaction with work
- Customer Service: Assist residents with any and all concerns to make their life in the community as positive as Forward any significant issues to Property Manager.
- Community Events: Participate and assist in conducting of community events (summer BBQ, Halloween party, ) to establish positive relationships within the community and minimize turnover
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Understanding, and following, of state statutes and fair housing laws applicable to multi-family communities and property management companies
- Computer Skills-to perform this job successfully, an individual should be computer literate and have knowledge of Property Management Software; Yardi preferred; working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to use computer in a professional manner is required.
- Ability to work effective as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other team members and stakeholders.
- Physical fitness for frequent walking, bending, twisting/turning, climbing stairs, continuous sitting and use of computer keyboard. reaching, pushing, pulling, handling and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. in order to perform management duties.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
HR Business Partner
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401