We’re Hiring – Residential Property Accountant – Affordable
Posted Under: News
Residential Property Accountant-Affordable
Multi-family Real Estate
Reports to: Director of Property Accounting
Location: Minneapolis, MN
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 -$80,000
Schafer Richardson, LLC is a real estate investment company providing development, management, leasing, and construction services to its commercial and multifamily real estate portfolio in the Upper Midwest.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of residential property accounting experience, with at least 1 year specific to affordable properties, handling multiple residential properties simultaneously including cash management of multiple bank accounts as well as Yardi Voyager software experience.
The Residential Property Accountant is responsible for handling all residential property management accounting activities from the beginning to the end of the process and will work closely with the Director of Property Accounting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note, the job description is not intended to be all encompassing. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- Apply required property management accounting standards and procedures to the recording and reporting of property management activity.
- Adheres to Schafer Richardson’s stand operating procedures.
- Ensure accurate processing of day-to-day accounting activities for a growing portfolio of properties.
- Understand leasing agreement and terms to ensure accuracy and timeliness of billings and payments.
- Understanding of Subsidy agreements & PHA letters and how to correct and apply charges & payments
- Provide various reports as requested including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and trend analyses.
- Scanning of tenant and miscellaneous payments into proper bank accounts and application of payments to ledgers and GL.
- Knowledge and understanding of subsidy payment applications and consolidated receipt of HAP payments.
- Maintain accurate property rent roll.
- Communicate with vendors, case workers and subsidy providers via phone and email.
- Complete month-end processing including, final move out accounting, write off bad debt accounts, post monthly GPR entries, prepare and process monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts as well as prepare journal entries.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings, and annual budget process.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and account analyses.
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences.
- Perform account/bank reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of audit and tax return processes.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Maintain amortization and depreciation files and record monthly entries.
- Scan invoices to create payable, code and process through proper workflow. Verify for accuracy prior to posting to GL.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Complete annual CRP process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- 3+ years of property management accounting experience handling multiple residential properties.
- Minimum of one year of Affordable property accounting experience.
- Cash management of multiple bank accounts strongly preferred.
- Yardi Voyager 7S software experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER ABILITIES:
- Understanding and practical application of property management accounting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work with individuals at all levels in the organization to accomplish company and department goals.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed individual with the initiative and flexibility to deliver objectives on time and accurately.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Ability to manage time and set priorities effectively, juggle competing priorities, and work under pressure to meet deadlines while paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Customer service focused when dealing with internal or external customers responding promptly to customer requests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee in this position must frequently communicate with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 50 percent of the time. The employee operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a computer, copy machine, and computer printer). In addition will occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds as well as move about inside the office and/or at job sites.
At Schafer Richardson, our team works hard every day to ensure that our customers, clients, and tenants receive the highest level of services available. Customer service and client satisfaction are our primary goals. If you believe your skills and experience are aligned with our team and this opportunity providing variety, challenge, and professional development, please complete the application below and email it to:
HR Business Partner
Attn: Human Resources
900 North Third Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55401